Vitamins A, C, and E — many people associate these three with food supplements and multivitamin capsules. People know that these vitamins do something good for the body, not everyone knows their exact effects, though. Combined, says Moringa-O2, these vitamins keep the skin radiant and glowing. But what does each one specifically do for you?
Vitamin A Makes Way for Naturally Glowing Skin
Otherwise known as retinol, vitamin A is present in many skincare products. It is a great exfoliator, effectively removing dead skin cells that may clog pores and cause acne flare-ups. Moreover, it stimulates cellular repair to boost collagen and pumps up circulation to give you a natural glow.
This is the science behind vitamin A and its positive effects on the skin:
– Vitamin A has the ability reprogram cells to behave in a younger, healthier way. As a result, the skin ends up looking more radiant.
– Vitamin A assists in collagen production and elastin formation, contributing to firmer, more youthful skin.
If you are aiming for healthier and more radiant skin, make sure your skincare products have vitamin A.
Vitamin C Stimulates Collagen Production
Normal skin has high concentrations of vitamin C, a water-soluble antioxidant also known as L-ascorbic acid. Excessive exposure to UV radiation and other environmental stressors is likely to reduce vitamin C levels, though. Deficiency may slow down collagen production and reduce antioxidant protection.
If you wish to have a healthy and youthful complexion, consider using topical vitamin C products. The vitamin’s antioxidant and anti-aging properties stimulate collagen production and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also addresses other common skin problems:
– Vitamin C protects the skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
– Vitamin C may reduce the appearance of under-eye circles.
– Vitamin C reduces skin redness or discoloration for a better complexion.
– Vitamin C speeds up the healing process of acne scars and other blemishes.
Moreover, vitamin C’s antioxidant properties play a major role in healing wounds and treating viral infections. Natural production and oral intake of the vitamin may also improve heart health, boost immunity, reduce blood pressure levels, and enhance eye health.
Vitamin E Contributes to Clearer Skin
Vitamin E is a naturally occurring antioxidant that combats the effects of free radicals from environmental stressors. It is an anti-inflammatory vitamin that keeps the skin calm and hydrated. It also absorbs UVB light to address premature skin aging and sunburn due to exposure to sunlight.
In addition to the basic antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and photoprotection properties that it shares with vitamins A and C, vitamin E is a great contributor to clearer skin:
– Vitamin E prevents bacteria from spreading across the face and causing acne.
– Vitamin E’s natural properties speed up the process of healing acne and acne scars.
– Vitamin E contributes to collagen and elastin production for acne and pimple treatment.
Vitamin A, C, and E address various skin concerns including excessive dryness, rough patches, dark spots, redness, and wrinkles. Indeed, these vitamins can keep your skin healthy and radiant for longer. So, in addition to having a vitamin-rich diet, make sure your skincare products also have these vitamins to achieve ace skin health.